Thursday night was the first night. We meet at the church building.. or I should say Zarahemla! We received our tunics and swords and had dinner. The youth had a dance (ha my son's first dance, and I was there!) hehe. During the dance Lehi came and told everyone they needed to repent! All the youth were blind folded and led outside, in the dark to the rod of iron. The kids had to follow the rope to the Tree of Life. It wasn't easy being blind folded and having the devil try to tempt you to let go! I got to play a devil--- got a couple of kids off the rope too. But, then the angels came and brought them back. It was a great start to the weekend.
Friday was all day at the beach! Also the day that us Benjaminites were going to perform our Vignette. Our tribe decided that since King Benjamin built a tower to be heard (Mosiah 2-5) why couldn't we? We had some scouts to help us out lashing the poles together. Addison was the smallest kid on our tribe so he was voted to be King Benjamin.
The kids did great reading off their parts--- while Addison pretended to mouth the words. :)
All day at the beach--- with about 150 youth. Good times!
Saturday was up early again for our service projects. Benjaminites did service for a single mom in another ward. We mowed, weeded, swept and raked leaves for a couple of hours. It felt good to help her out. After service projects we all meet at In-n-out for lunch! All of us. It was pretty chaotic, but fun, and they knew we were coming. Then back to the church for the other tribes Vignettes and dinner. The last couple Vignettes were about Moroni, and then Joseph Smith. One of the leaders got up to speak and the lights went out and thunder started. Then we heard the words "Behold, this is my Beloved Son, hear him..... three times. Getting louder each time. The bright lights turned on and there was Jesus standing on top of the stage. They had families from wards dressed as Nephites with their little children. The children were so excited to go and meet Jesus and to touch him and be close. The spirit was so strong and I know the youth felt it! It was amazing. After Jesus left we watched The Testament. If you haven't seen that movie, let me know and you can borrow. I'm so glad I was able to spend the weekend as a Tribe leader. I had the best time with the youth watching them grow and to feel the spirit! Some for the first time. I love the gospel and what it does for my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment