Monday, October 11, 2010

A week in review...


We took a much needed break last week and went to Big Bear for three days. The first thing the kids always want to do is go up to the rope swing.

Westley
Addison

Morgan

We met some friends who happened to be up there the same time as us and we went on an adventure. Little off- roading in the mommy missile--- didn't know the Odyssey was 4 wheel drive! :)

Out in the middle of nowhere and what do you hear? " I have to go potty!" This is Sydney after successfully watering a bush! :)

It was a bit cold the first night when we got there. This is how I found Addison sleeping...and this is how I found the girls in the morning-- after we had been woken up by a little voice saying... "sorry to wake you, but could you make a fire?" ah Westley, then he had to tell his sister that he was going to sacrifice himself and go out in the cold to get wood--- it wasn't THAT cold.

Hanging out in the hammock!
The kids wanted to go fishing.. it was a windy day especially down by the water. We drove a while to find a perfect spot (maybe we'll find it next time)

patience... ah my line broke again... daddy??

Daddy made Sydney her own fishing pool. She was loving it!

They didn't catch anything! Darn it. Addison just needs to catch a fish, clean it and eat it to earn his fishing merit badge for scouts! Cleaning and eating will be the easy part (for him) it's the catching he's having a problem with!

We stayed until Tuesday afternoon. We had to be home for Wednesday because Addison had school the rest of the week. Poor guy, he had school while the others had the rest of Fall Break to enjoy!


Friday we took a trip down to Carlsbad to visit my mom, cousins Julia and Dusty and to see my sister, her hubby and my niece. It was a great time and a nice visit. Friday night we walked the beach and saw the sunset. Saturday morning we took the kids down to the park to let out some wiggles...





Julia made a yummy dinner! Thanks Julia, I'm going to try making rolls today! We had a great time and now it's back to school for the kids and 5 loads of laundry for me! yipee!!

4 comments:

RachelAA said...

Looks wonderful - your two opposite vacays :) I love the beanie and sleeping bag. And so cute, sacrificing himself! Welcome back; I'm glad you had fun!

Aimilee said...

Looks like lots of fun!! Have fun doing laundry! :)

tphillips said...

Looks like a blast!!!!

Rojahn Family said...

I just love this post. I love your family and I'm glad you guys got to go and get away together.