Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Pics and a funny story

Yesterday I had had it with the kids room being such a mess. I put all their toys in one big pile in the middle of their room. Kindof a hint to maybe clean your room?? Just have this big mountain of toys-- nope we'll just walk around it!! After they were in bed I went to check on them and found this in the middle of the floor where the tall mountain of toys once was. I was so happy!! Guess they do get my hints! (even if it does take till 9pm) The girls room is mostly done. I have to finish the babies bumper pad and quilt and the crib isn't up yet. Morgan loves the new look of her room and her new bedspread. I still need to find stuff to hang on the walls-- it's a bit bare still. Just glad the paint project is done!
I also finished the quilt my ward asked me to make for the Humanitarian project. Very easy to put together and I just tied it.


Now to my funny story (I thought is was funny anyway!) This morning as were TO school Morgan informs me from the back seat that she doesn't have her shoes on. WHAT? How do you walk out of the house without your shoes on? We all started laughing and couldn't stop. I dropped Addison off so he wouldn't be late and drove around the block back to home. Quickly ran inside (okay i'm not speedy right now) and still made it back to school in time before the final bell rang. I told her that I was going to laugh about it all day-- even though I told her more than once to put her shoes on this morning! What a great lesson in maybe listening to your MOM!!

11 comments:

acte gratuit said...

Cute room! I love it! And I'm glad Morgan remembered her shoes before she got to class and sat down!
:)

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

what a cute girl room! love the shoe story too... so cute. and the toys pile... what sweet kids *eventually* :)

KickButtMommy said...

The room looks GREAT!

little miss shortcake said...

i love the pink/brown combo!
can't wait to see the baby's bedding - when are you due, again?

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm a TOY PILE.... what a novel concept!! ;-) The room looks great and Morgan looks very comfortable. Tell the kids I am testing the pool temperature! I am so glad the time has changed and sunlight is hitting those solar panels!! I am also practicing with the tether ball in case Addison is up for another match! Miss all of you.... love mom

Jenn said...

Where do you think I got the Toy Pile idea from anyway!! I hated coming home from school and finding my own in the middle of my room!!:) It's my turn for some little payback!

Anonymous said...

I hated the toy piles!!! But obviously your kids are much nicer than any of us were! :) Love the room! Can't wait to see it with a baby in it!!

Love and miss you... hopefully I'll see you before I leave!

Kimberly said...

Morgan's room looks so cute!

Tamara said...

I love the girls room! It looks great. Can't wait to have a house that I can paint and decorate how I like.

Kristie said...

The girls room is ADORABLE!! And the sign from Addison - what a sweet boy!

Luis and Katie De Leon said...

I've actually done that a few times. I actually walked out to the car in slippers to go to church. That would have been fun.