Saturday, September 22, 2007

ANOTHER TRIP.......


TO DISNEYLAND! It has actually been awhile since we've been able to go. Our passes were blocked off for the summer and it's harder now that all the kids are in school. Yesterday we had a day off from school so-- why not? It was supposed to rain with possible thunder but who cared?! Thursday night I drove down to my sisters house in Irvine and spent the night. Friday morning we got up, got the kids dressed warm and fed and drove the 15 minutes to Disneyland. Totally jealous she lives that close. Nobody was there in the morning, no clouds in the sky-- a perfect day. Actually got a bit warm. The only ride we stood in line for was the new Nemo ride. It was okay-- (won't stand in line for 40 minutes again for it though.) Everything is decorated for Halloween already. Put me in the mood for fall. My sister and niece had to leave at 3pm and my mom showed up at 4pm, with the clouds. We didn't get one drop of rain till we were driving home. The kids had a blast riding all the fast rides. Westley was so proud of himself for putting his hands up on Thunder mountain. We decided to leave (I guess I decided to leave) at 8pm, just when it was getting crowded with the Friday night people.
Early this morning the storm hit our house with tons of rain, lightening and thunder that shook the house. It was pretty cool and the kids slept right through it.
It's a day to relax around here. Nothing on the agenda--thank goodness. It looks like rain again, makes me want to build a fire and snuggle up with a blanket, hot chocolate and a good book. Won't happen I'm sure!!

7 comments:

Kristie said...

How Fun! Sounds like a perfect day!

little miss shortcake said...

i am so jealous!! of disneyland and the rain!
glad you guys had a good time, though.

Mandy said...

I miss DL! Annual Passes are the BEST.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous... a family trip to Dinneyland without me!! Sounds like you had fun!!

KickButtMommy said...

Hey we thought about doing Dland while down in OC but decided to wait and take the kids. Sounds like a perfect day.

Alison said...

How fun! I love having passes too. I've heard the Nemo ride wasn't that great and the last few times we went, it was over an hour wait, which we weren't willing to do.

Anonymous said...

Just took a closer look at the pics.. love the facial expressions!!