Wednesday, September 2, 2015

19 years!

Since Jeff is doing this training in Northern California, and he would be gone on our anniversary, we decided to spend a day in San Francisco. 
Friday I got the kids off to school and then the dog off to the kennel. A new kennel this time up in the hills by our house. Much calmer environment than the last kennel and I think he loved it. It's located up this crazy rocky, full of pits hill but the mommy missile made it!  Until coming back down when I noticed my tire pressure light was on. I stopped at the gas station and put some air in the tires and drove home. Light was still on but I wasn't too worried cause it didn't look flat. I quickly washed my car and when I got near the front tire I could hear the air coming out!  Just great!!!  Jumped back into the car and prayed I would make it to the tire place. I should mention I was still in my jammies....  They fixed it-- all was well. But, imagine if I hadn't decided to wash my car cause it was driving me crazy dirty and I just left it parked and then came out to a completely flat tire!?  

Kids got home and we left on our adventure!  Four and a half hours later after one gas stop and dinner we made it to my cousins house in Tracy where Jeff was waiting for us. Left the kids and Jeff and I drove back to his hotel very very late at night!  Long day. 

Saturday morning we were up and ready to tackle San Francisco. I never want to live there. We got lost, got on the wrong train, so so many people!  We took the Bart to the city and then a metro train to Golden Gate Park. But we got on the train going in the wrong direction-- how does one tell which direction to go when you are under ground? Finally got the right direction but then got off four stops before we were suppose too--- would be nice if they posted all the stops on the route for us out of towners! Only good thing about that is we found this Mexican restaurant and shared a huge burrito! Yum!  

Finally made it to the park where we went through the science museum. Very cool place. Had a real rainforest, an earthquake simulator (really don't understand why people would want to check that out?) we went to the planetarium which actually made us a bit dizzy, so we closed our eyes and had a nice little nap!  :) 









So many houses packed into one place!  We only had one day there and we did miss a ton!  Maybe--- one day we can go back and finish our adventure!

Lots of walking.... Guess it's good to get off the bus early....
The Sacramento River. 
That night we went and had dinner and saw a movie. Slept in Sunday and then back to Tracy to get the kids and then 5 hours and a gas and dinner stop the kids and I were home. Leaving Jeff there was not cool.... Still have a week and a half left!! 

Happy 19th anniversary to us!! 

No comments: