Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Years

We had a fantastic New Years! Thanks to the Wendel's for letting us come crash at their house for the weekend! We started out Thursday afternoon and drove the four hours to get there. Of course after hour three Sydney is getting antsy.
So, I gave her the camera...

Her sisterher legs

sister again!

We got there safe and sound and the kids got right to playing with their cousins... like they were never apart!


Friday afternoon we went and saw Tangled. LOVED IT! We've already bought the music for it and even Sydney walks around saying... Mother knows best... listen to your mother (okay I might sing that A LOT to her)

They have the COOLEST grocery store! How come we can't have a Winco by us? I looked it up though and our closest one is 35 minutes away--hmmm. It was fun... all 11 of us going into the grocery store, a few of us drooling over the prices and the barrels of candy, nuts, flour, cereal.... you name it! :)Friday after we stuffed ourselves with some pizza and a yummy 'snack' dinner we settled in to bring in the new year. Our first movie--- Despicable Me and then The Sorcerer's Apprentice. Loved them all! Three movies in one day---phew! And all good ones! We all made it too midnight (except Sydney) and crashed soon after.

Saturday we woke up and just by chance checked the weather and found out that that night and into Sunday it was suppose to snow on the mountain pass we had to go over to get home. Darn, we had to cut our trip short but at the same time.... so glad we did! (see previous post if you haven't already!!) We got home in time for snow!! Here at our house!! CRAZY!

So, after going to the mall and letting the kids play at the arcade and lunch at Wendy's we had to say good-bye.
The coolest kids around!
Addison- Spencer- Chandler- Morgan- Harrison- Sydney- WestleyThe kids were not happy we had to leave early... but once we explained that it would be better than being stuck at the bottom of the mountain they got over it! (and they did close the mountain pass the next day, right when we would of been going over it!)


On the way home--- again, about an hour from home Sydney started getting antsy. So, she became the guide and read from the map with her flashlight!
Thanks Wendel's for a GREAT weekend! You guys are the best and we miss you already!

Happy New Year!!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

The flashlight idea was brilliant!

tphillips said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE WinCo! That was my fav shopping place when I lived in Idaho. Looks like a great trip! I'm glad you made it back before the storm hit!

KickButtMommy said...

Cousins are the best, no matter what you do when you are with them!

RachelAA said...

I thought it was just my kids that had issues past three hours of driving - how funny. When we lived in Acton Andrew shopped at WinCo ALL THE TIME! Was the one you found in Lancaster?

Traci said...

I finally gave my cell phone to Colin so he could watch the Disney Channel when I couldn't take his antsyness anymore. I like your ideas though.