Friday, June 13, 2008

A week gone by...

Yes, I said that I would have details about Sydney being born. Yes, it's been a week! Yes, I'm very tired and exhausted but I'm going to give it a go today! If you don't want to read about any details just scroll down and look at the pictures. I will try not to paint a graphic picture in your mind about the delivery-- it went very smoothly! My water broke Friday morning at 2am. It wasn't a major gush this time since I was laying down. I knew it was my water and not wetting my pants because it just won't stop. Most annoying!! I had been to the doctors Thursday morning with no change. I told the doctor I've never gone past 39 weeks and my water ALWAYS breaks and that I would be seeing him soon. Yup, he told me I was right! My neighbor Sarah came over and stayed with the sleeping kids while Jeff and I headed to the hospital. I was checked in and in bed by 3:45am and dilated at a 1!! They upped the pitosim but not enough because everything was still taking awhile. I was starting to feel contractions in my lower back and soon after asked for my epidural. I'm a wimp and asked for it early only because I knew what was coming. Again they upped my pitosim at 9:45am because I was dilated at a four. An hour and 15 minutes later I was at a 10 and ready to push. The nurses were funny and suddenly put into action-- call the doctor but don't push! Four pushes and the little girl was out. 6lbs 3ozs! She was easy. The nurses said that I made it look easy.
I needed to be moved from my room before I had my legs back because they were having so many babies born that day. They put me in another room with another lady but it wasn't so bad. I just didn't get any sleep the whole time I was there. Everytime I would try to doze off, someone would come in. I was able to leave Saturday afternoon instead of staying till Sunday. I was very glad to get out of there. I'm still trying to catch up on sleep and have a constant sleepless headache. Have to thank my mom for coming up and staying till Sunday. She was a big help taking the kids for us. They had fun going swimming and out to lunch! Sydney has been eating since the beginning. My only child to do this. She had her first doctor's visit on Wednesday. She never went below her birth weight and gained 7ozs in five days!! Crazy. She's sucking everything out of me. Which I don't mind-- maybe I'll fit into my clothes faster. The preemie clothes I thought she would wear for awhile almost don't fit. She is so fun to dress!
On Monday they had a whole school assembly where Morgan received an Outstaning Citizenship award. Way to go Morgan!!
Yesterday-- the second to last day of school-- Jeff took the two boys down to San Diego to see a Padres baseball game. Grandpa Garry had box seat tickets with unlimited food to enjoy! The boys had a blast watching the game and eating (I think the food was the best part for Westley). They ditched school and I kept Morgan home with me-- how unfair would it have been if she had to go to school and her brothers didn't?? We hung around the house most of the day. She couldn't believe how often I had to feed Sydney. We ventured out to the library and the drive-thru for lunch. Sydney's first outing!

So, today is the last day of school. What am I going to do with four kids this summer? Be lazy I think!!




4 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I'm so glad all is well. She is so adorable, and that does sound relatively easy!

Tamara said...

Good luck with summer! That was me 2 years ago with a new baby and all the kids home. It was interesting but we still had a good time. Just did lots of stuff at home.

I don't think this year will be much different because I have no energy!

Kristie said...

I cannot WAIT to get my hands on that baby!! She's gonna make Anna seem HUGE!

Kimberly said...

I'm glad your labor and delivery went so well. Sydney is so cute! And it looks like your boys had such a fun time at the Padres game.